Lettering Tutorial uses small files which help the site to function and help to collect information about how you browse and navigate the site. These files are saved to your device and are known as (‘cookies’).
All About Cookies.org is a great place to learn more about what exactly cookies are.
· Firstly to obtain analytical information about how you use the site through the third party Google Analytics, allowing for changes and improvements to be made based upon browsing activity.
· Secondly to track banners, boxes or notifications you may have seen on the site such as the EU Cookie Law consent box.
· Thirdly to remember when you have logged in and out of third party software such as Disqus, which is integrated into Lettering Tutorial so you can comment on articles. Also to maintain user experience if you have interacted with other third party software such as YouTube, which is used to display tutorial videos on the site.
· Finally to handle site administrator and any registered users sessions when logging in and out.
How Cookies are Used
Most of the cookies used by Lettering Tutorial are implemented to aid visitor experiences on the website but also to keep general functionality of the website running smoothly.
The cookies used in conjunction with Google Analytics allow for the following information to be collected:
· How you got to the site, for example from a Google search or from a link on another site.
· What type of browser and device you are using to view the site.
· What location you viewed the site from, such as country, state, city or town, but not your address.
· What pages you visit on the site.
· What features of the site you interact with.
· Whether it is the first time you have visited the site or if you are a returning visitor.
The following is a list of cookies that are used by Lettering Tutorial, depending upon how you use the site not all listed cookies may be downloaded at any one time. The list is provided so that you can make an informed decision on whether you want to opt-out of cookies or not by adjusting your browser settings. You can manage, block and delete cookies from your device browser.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to record which pages and content on the site you use, and enables Lettering Tutorial to monitor statistics and data to make sure users are getting the most out of the site.
Name _ga – Expires 2 Years
Name _gat – Expires 10 Minutes
Name _utma – Expires 2 Years
Name _utmb – Expires 30 Minutes
Name _utmc – Expires End of Session
Name _utmz – Expires 6 Months
These cookies are used to help remember you when you log in and out of Disqus commenting.
Name __qca – Expires Check Browser Settings
Name mc – Expires Check Browser Settings
Name UID – Expires Check Browser Settings
Name UIDR – Expires Check Browser Settings
Name disqus_unique – Expires 1 Year
Name testCookie – Expires Check Browser Settings
These cookies may be used by YouTube when streaming embedded YouTube videos on Lettering Tutorial. They help to maintain user experience for YouTube users.
Name _use_hitbox – Expires End of Session
Name visitor_info1_live – Expires 9 Months
EU Cookie Law Cookies
These cookies are used to remember your response to the EU Cookie Law consent box.
Name euCookie – Expires 3 Months
WordPress & BuddyPress Cookies
These cookies are used to handle different user sessions and site functionality.
Name wp-settings-time-2 – Expires 1 Year
Name wp-settings-2 – Expires 1 Year
Name bp-activity-oldestpage – Expires End of Session
Name wordpress_sec – Expires End of Session
Name wordpress_logged_in – Expires End of Session
None of the cookies that Lettering Tutorial uses work in a way that can personally identify you.
If you navigate to a different site away from Lettering Tutorial, that new site will use its own cookies that may differ to those associated with Lettering Tutorial.
Last updated on 25th September, 2016